This is a very healthy and quick breakfast/snack. These little guys freeze well and thaw so wonderfully. For a breakfast on the go, just grab a couple in a tupperware container and nuke them for 30-60 seconds and BAM! You got a quick, hot and healthy breakfast that is packed full of protein.
Here’s all you need:
- Big carton of egg beaters or egg whites (depending on how many you will make)
- Variety of veggies (broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc)
- Spices of your liking (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- Muffin pan (even a mini muffin pan will work!)
Preheat oven 350 degrees
In a skillet, use cooking spray to cook up the veggies. Cook them up pretty thoroughly. Set aside.
Spray the muffin pan. Add a scoopful of the cooked veggies to each muffin chamber. Be careful not to add to much, especially if you are using a mini pan.
Sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top of the veggies (optional).
Pour egg beaters/whites into each muffin chamber, not all the way to the top. Leave some room as these mini quiches will grow.
Bake for 7-15 minutes, keeping an eye on the quiches to make sure that they don’t overcook.
Remove the mini quiches and enjoy. Or save for later. These mini quiches are also great served with a tossed salad for lunch. Enjoy!